Wednesday, June 5, 2024

5 June (Wed) Discover old Hong Kong

This is the day set aside for some discovery work... not just foot work (which started since day 1). 

Old Hong Kong has been a place that I hoped to spend sometime in - each time I came, but not having the opportunity. In a solo trip would allow me to roam around, with some plans yet having the space to be lost along the way, re-routing to the same place several times. 

Did not start the morning as early as I wished to... was blessed with good weather. 

One of the famous 'stairs' path we often see on screen. Seemingly gentle, but it took me some effort to walk up. Feel like I'm one of those 路人甲 🤣. There are several such stairs, leading from the "foot" of the hill upwards. Different stairs come with different "flavours". One of them is mainly filled with vegetable and fruit stalls. 



Also took the stairs world's longest escalator... starting from The Central Market. Nevertheless, did not go all the way up... It's like a maze actually... when I exit and re-enter along the way. Several times, displacement = 0 😂 (you know what I mean).



Chanced upon a UNESCO recognised local heritage site - a cluster of building with political significance to Hong Kong. A pleasant find, actually.


Similar to many cities, mural painting is picking up in the old vicinity... 





No comments:

Post a Comment